AKSHA recognizes that speech-language pathology and audiology are distinct professions that are closely aligned and have a mutual concern and interest in individuals with communication disorders.
Our mission is to consistently demonstrate excellent standards of practice through continuing education and evidence-based practices, our professional Code of Ethics, and a commitment to increase and enhance knowledge in communication sciences and disorders.
The Alaska Speech-Language-Hearing Association (AKSHA) will meet the needs and promote the interests of its membership and those we serve. We will use innovative methods to promote state-of-the-art and evidence-based practices. We believe in the equal access to the highest quality services for all people with communication disabilities. We believe in the development and dissemination of knowledge regarding communication disorders to professionals and the public.
AKSHA is operated by volunteers from the membership. There more than 170 AKSHA members across the state. The officers, advisory councilors and committee chairs make up the Executive Board (E-Board) of our Association.
For information, please contact E-Board President, Amy Russell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 111993
Anchorage, Alaska 99511
New AKSHA Voice is available for members. Click on the members section to access it.
AKSHA is operated by volunteers from the membership. More than 170 AKSHA members reside across the state. The AKSHA Executive Board (E-Board) consists of 4 officers, 2 ASHA Advisory Councilors and 8 Committee Chairs. Below is a list of the current E-Board and subcommittee members.
OFFICERS – Elected by AKSHA membership
1. President: Amy Russell, email@example.com
2. President Elect/Past President (alternating years): Kathie Morgan, Past President
3. Secretary: Sarah Colle McWilliams
4. Treasurer: Chris Gravley, firstname.lastname@example.org
ASHA Advisory Councilors – Elected by ASHA membership
1. Molly Thompson, SLP
2. Rosemarie Rotunno, Aud
COMMITTEE CHAIRS – Appointed by AKSHA E-board
1. Advocacy Chair: OPEN
2. Communications Chair: Amy Hogue, email@example.com
3. Continuing Education (CE) SLP co-Chair: Molly Thompson
4. Continuing Education (CE) Audiology co-Chair: OPEN
5. Membership Chair: Christina Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Nominations/Awards/Scholarships (NAS) Chair: Monica Glen, email@example.com
7. Special Interest Groups (SIG) Audiology co-Chair: Susan Bunting
8. Special Interest Groups (SIG) SLP co-Chair: OPEN
SUBCOMMITTEE MEMBERS – Appointed by AKSHA E-board
Advocacy-STAR: Nancy Lovering
Advocacy-SMAC: Anne Ver Hoef
Advocacy-SEAL: Laura Young-Campbell
CE-ASHA CEU Administrator for AKSHA: Monica Glen
Communications-VOICE Editor: Maya Gamez-Dunham
NAS-Scholarships: Celia Foley, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIG-Ethics & Regulations: OPEN
SIG-Private Practice: Anne Ver Hoef
SIG-Public Schools: Laura Young-Campbell
SIG-Rural Networking: OPEN
SIG-SLP & AUD Students: OPEN
Committees and subcommittees need and welcome new members. Contact Nominations/Awards/Scholarship Committee Chair for more information!