AKSHA recognizes that speech-language pathology and audiology are distinct professions that are closely aligned and have a mutual concern and interest in individuals with communication disorders.
Our mission is to consistently demonstrate excellent standards of practice through continuing education and evidence-based practices, our professional Code of Ethics, and a commitment to increase and enhance knowledge in communication sciences and disorders.
The Alaska Speech-Language-Hearing Association (AKSHA) will meet the needs and promote the interests of its membership and those we serve. We will use innovative methods to promote state-of-the-art and evidence-based practices. We believe in the equal access to the highest quality services for all people with communication disabilities. We believe in the development and dissemination of knowledge regarding communication disorders to professionals and the public.
AKSHA is operated by volunteers from the membership. There more than 170 AKSHA members across the state. The officers, advisory councilors and committee chairs make up the Executive Board (E-Board) of our Association.
For information, please contact E-Board President, Amy Russell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 111993
Anchorage, Alaska 99511
AKSHA is operated by volunteers from the membership. More than 170 AKSHA members reside across the state. The AKSHA Executive Board (E-Board) consists of 4 officers, 2 ASHA Advisory Councilors and 8 Committee Chairs. Below is a list of the current E-Board and subcommittee members.
OFFICERS – Elected by AKSHA membership
1. President: Amy Russell, email@example.com
2. President Elect/Past President (alternating years): Monica Glen, President-Elect
3. Secretary: Sarah Colle McWilliams
4. Treasurer: Chris Gravley, firstname.lastname@example.org
ASHA Advisory Councilors – Elected by ASHA membership
1. Molly Thompson, SLP (2013-2015)
2. Daniel Williams, Aud (2015-2017)
COMMITTEE CHAIRS – Appointed by AKSHA E-board
1. Advocacy Chair: Matthew Sandoval
2. Communications Chair: Amy Hogue, email@example.com
3. Continuing Education (CE) SLP co-Chair: Kathie Morgan
4. Continuing Education (CE) Audiology co-Chair: OPEN
5. Membership Chair: Christina Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Nominations/Awards/Scholarships (NAS) Chair: Rhonda Neill,
7. Special Interests (SI) Audiology co-Chair: Susan Bunting
8. Special Interests (SI) SLP co-Chair: Cristina Bieber
SUBCOMMITTEE MEMBERS – Appointed by AKSHA E-board
Advocacy-STAR: Nancy Lovering
Advocacy-SMAC: Anne Ver Hoef
Advocacy-SEAL: Laura Young-Campbell
CE-ASHA CEU Administrator for AKSHA: Monica Glen
Communications-VOICE Editor: Maya Gamez-Dunham
Communications-member: Katie Millican
NAS-Scholarships: Celia Foley, email@example.com
SI-Ethics & Regulations: Cheryl Campbell
SI-Private Practice: Anne Ver Hoef
SI-Public Schools: Laura Young-Campbell, Karen Stafford, Pam Christianson
SI-Rural Networking: OPEN
SI-SLPAs: Ellen Brigham
SI-SLP & AUD Students: OPEN
Committees and subcommittees need and welcome new members. Contact Nominations/Awards/Scholarship Committee Chair for more information!